Thursday, January 6, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

The awesome barn in Collierville we used for our family pictures! Such a beautiful setting at sunset!
Way to cute to just pick one picture. Don't you agree?

*****
Happy New Year! Now that 2011 is upon us, I can't help but reflect back on the amazing year that 2010 will always be remembered as. If someone had told me last January that 2010 would be "our" year, I probably would have given them the weirdest look. I say that because 2010 began by throwing us for such a huge loop. Mark was released in late January by the Milwaukee Brewers and our world suddenly stopped spinning. We had no clue what to do or how to handle this situation that you honestly feel like will not ever happen to you. So with that we prayed daily and continued on with what we knew would be best for our family. Mark continued training, I kept working, and we kept our goals for our family in sight. The infamous saying that " good things comes to those who wait" could not be more true for us... Mark was signed by an independent team in Canada and only days before he was to leave, we found out that we were expecting!!!! We were overjoyed with this amazing gift and knew God had given this to us for a reason especially during this crazy career turn for Mark. WOW!! Mark is turn had and amazing summer and was signed by the Red Sox. He had done it and had proved his value yet again. We had a fun summer of traveling and spiritual growth. We began to trust where we had been and why we were in the places we were. I honestly feel that we traveled this road together because it brought us so much closer and made the birth of our son so much sweeter!~ Life has a funny was of working itself out and God proved his existence many times to us in 2010... with that I have posted a few pictures of our sweet little man. We had family pictures done with the entire Holliman side at a beautiful rustic barn in Collierville this past Sunday. I can't wait to get the proofs back! Jacks is growing every day and is so much more alert. He loves lights, Mark's ipad, and his mobiles. We are finally heading out of premie clothing and into newborn. He can even stretch into some 0-3 months. I absolutely love being at home with him right now and am already dreading my return to work, but for now I am going to rejoice in these precious moments and enjoy my time with him! Today is hump day, so I hope everyone has a great rest of the week! ~

No comments:

Post a Comment