Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Hotty Toddy






Wow...I swore I was going to be better at keeping this blog up to date but with so much going on it can be near impossible. Things have been super busy around here. Jacks is awake most of the day and ready to play at all times. Right now, he loves to smile at you and will follow you with his eyes. It is so cute because he will cut his eyes over and watch from the side like he is sneaky! Haha! We love it and I have to say Mark is the best at getting him to smile. I have a feeling that he already knows his Daddy is all play and Mommy is business. lol.

The past few weekends Mark has been super busy with baseball! Already...I know! He did a camp with some other professional players the last weekend in January in Olive Branch and then this past weekend with some students from my school. Both were a huge success and I know everyone had a great time. They also lucked out with beautiful weather which seems hard to come by these days. Speaking of...they say more snow is coming tomorrow! YUCK! I am beyond ready for spring and warmer weather.

I have to mention or I guess I should be ashamed to say but we went to Oxford over the weekend. I am not ashamed of Oxford (it is heaven on earth) but more ashamed that it was only the 2nd time we have been back since I graduated. I know...very sad! I agree! We are going to do better and have already begun making plans to go back VERY soon! We were in town for the 1st annual baseball alumni weekend. We had a wonderful time and I think Jacks did too. After all, it was like a recruiting visit for our future rebel! Ha! Friday night was a cocktail social with all the alumni and guest. We enjoyed catching up with everyone and Jacks was PERFECT. I swear we have been blessed with the best most easy going baby...I will admit that he did not get that from me. He was passed around and loved on all night long! Probably the best part was sitting back and watching the boys share old stories. They were hilarious and solidifies that boys will never change!Good times~ Then on Saturday there was an alumni game for all current professionals verse the current team. Mark pitched in the third inning. It was short and sweet...8 pitches 3 outs and that concluded the inning! WAY TO GO! His first question when he got back up to the boxes was " Did Jacks see it?" ... In his dreams I am sure because he slept right through it!

Well that is really it for now. I am meeting some teachers from my school tonight for dinner and I am looking forward to visiting with them. Only a few more weeks off and I will be back to work. Mixed emotions for sure~ till then I am going to enjoy every second with my sweet little man and my big one too! =) Hope the weather does not get to bad tomorrow. Stay safe and warm everyone~

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment